Skip Global Navigation to Main Content
Skip Breadcrumb Navigation
U.S. Passports

Adults: For purposes of US passport applications, an adult is a person 16 years or older.

Minor: For purposes of US passport applications, a minor is a person of 15 years or less.

Adding Visa Pages: You may add pages to your valid Passport if you’ve filled up all the available pages.

Name Change / Corrections / Replacement of Limited Passport: If you changed your name or there is an error in your passport, you may change the information on your passport. You can also replace your limited passport (emergency) for a full validity passport.

Pasaport for adults 18 years of age or older that have never been documented as American Citizens (requesting American Citizenship)If you are 18 years of age or older and you were born outside of the United States and believe you may be able to acquire citizenship through your parents' nationality.

Emergency – Limited Passport: In emergency cases (if your trip is within 10 business days) the Office of American Citizens Services at the Embassy in Bogota may issue an emergency – limited validity passport which is valid for 90 days.

*** We return new passports and/or Consular Reports of Birth Abroad or any other document by mandatory courier service.   Please note that the courier service (DHL) requires a postal code for your address in Colombia to ship your citizenship document.  You can significantly reduce your waiting time if you come prepared with the postal (zip) code for your address in Colombia.  You can find your postal code in Colombia here.***


Important: Every American citizen exiting Colombia must have a valid US passport to leave the country. A U.S. passport also serves as proof of U.S. citizenship and is commonly accepted as an official identity. For information on the entry and exit requirements of Colombia click here.

Visiting and Contacting