Business Visa Program
The Business Visa Program facilitates visa processing for qualified employees of member companies for the purpose of conducting business (meetings, training programs, trade fairs, etc.).
The Consular Section approves companies for membership in the program and then allows program members to schedule visa appointments for their employees.
What are the advantages of joining the Business Visa Program?
By joining the Business Visa Program you will receive:
- Priority appointment times;
- A dedicated point of contact in the Consular Section to answer your business visa questions;
- Business Visa Program applicants will be identified by embassy staff on the day of the interview and will be processed as quickly as possible.
What are the criteria for participating in the Program?
- Any Nationality Company. Your application is welcome regardless of whether your company is a U.S., Colombian, third-country , or multinational company;
- Business Activity. Your company must have substantial, ongoing business activity with the United States;
- 50 Employees. Your company must have a minimum of 50 employees full-time employees based in Colombia on your company's payroll.
- Security Check. Your company must pass a rigorous security check by the Embassy.
How does a company apply to join the Program?
The Consular Section reviews new applications year-round, and informs companies by letter whether or not they qualify for the program. Interested companies must fill out the application form in its entirety.
Immediate family members (spouse and unmarried children under 21 years old) may accompany the direct employee to the visa interview if the appointment was made under the Business Visa Program.