Skip Global Navigation to Main Content
Skip Breadcrumb Navigation
Births Abroad

Long Form Birth Certificate

What is a long-form birth certificate?

You must submit a certified copy of the child's Colombian birth certificate. Colombian authorities generally issue two types of birth certificates; you must present the long-form version.

If you have not registered your child's birth in Colombia, you can do so at a Colombian notary's office. Please visit the website of the Colombian Superintendent of Notaries for Spanish-language information about Colombian notary services.