Construction of Rappel Tower Synopsis
The U.S. Embassy, Narcotics Affairs Section (NAS) Bogotá has a requirement for the construction of an 18 m. high rappel tower to be used for training purposes.
The project consists of the construction of 18 m. high concrete tower with its concrete foundation and metallic elements as stairs, support structures, and roof covers. The project includes excavations, filling material, concrete structures, masonry construction, metallic structures and arrangements, chain link fence and lighting protection and grounding system.
Place of Performance: Police Base Facilities at Santa Marta (Magdalena), Colombia. Santa Marta is located at the Caribbean region and is the capital of the Magdalena department, which can be easily accessed through road. The average temperature is approx 27 °C, the elevation 2 m. above the see level (6.56 ft) and it is bounded by the Caribbean Sea.
Contract managed: Local Contracting
Liquidated damages: USD $175.73 per day
Period of performance: 105 calendar days
The contract specifications are attached in English version. Please submit your proposal by June 15, 2012 at 2:00pm, local time.
- Questions and Answers (PDF 63KB)
- Cover Letter for Solicitation (PDF 426KB)
- Sf1442 (PDF 42KB)
- SCO150-12-R-N-11 solicitation package 5-14-12 (PDF 318KB)
- Attachment 1 – Specifications in English (PDF 87KB)
- Attachment 2 – Bidding Charts in English (PDF 89KB)
- Attachment 3 – Drawings (PDF 13KB)
- Attachment 3 – part 1 – Architectural Drawings (PDF 490KB)
- Attachment 3 – part 2 – Structural Drawings (PDF 1MB)
- Attachment 3 – part 3 – Electrical Drawings (PDF 70KB)
- Attachment 4 – Bonds Construction contracts (PDF 64KB)